Thursday, May 21, 2009

Worst Nightmare...

Well it has been a crazy week... On Friday night I went and babysat for our neighbors that live behind us & their boys are so cute! One is 2 and the other one is 8 months~ They are the typical fun boys & we had fun. While I was there my mom called me & told me there had been car accident with my little sister and her friend. They had flipped the car, so my parents were going to get her. What happened is this... They were up on Iona hill headed towards town & were on a gravel road (her friend was driving & had her license for a week). They were going too fast on the gravel and hit a turn and the car started to slide so she over corrected the car & hit the edge of the canal dirt & flipped the car into the canal. The water was pretty swift & deep. They had seatbelts on & the airbags didn't go off, both of which was a good thing. They both got out heavens only knows how. Her parents picked up the car the other day & there is no possible way my sister could have gottent the door open on her own, the door wouldn't even open the other day. So, with the swift water & the door the way it was it shouldn't have opened. The police officer even told my parents that they are lucky to have a daughter, because the last time there was an accident there, no one survived. I am thankful that she is just bruied up a bit & we still have her! She is one lucky girl! Here is her graduation announcement that we put together!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! That is amazing that she's alive. So glad her angels were watching over her that day. That is so scary! I can't even imagine! I do love her graduation announcement!